The Lab is held in Steps Studio Theater. Each choreographer receives a spacing and a tech rehearsal.
What you need to apply:
- Completed Application form – Click here to fill out the form
- $35 Application fee
- Link of the proposed work included in the form (please note highly edited video will NOT be accepted)
- Choreographer’s Bio
- The proposed work must be at least 50% complete. The link may include either performance or rehearsal footage of the piece.
- Work should be a minimum of 2 minutes & a maximum of 10 minutes in length. All pieces will be stopped at 10 minutes.
- All styles of dance and multidisciplinary works are encouraged to apply,
- No nudity allowed.
- If accepted the piece will be performed one time for one night only.
- Program order will be made available after the technical rehearsal the Friday night before the show.
- Each choreographer may schedule one 30 minute spacing rehearsal two weeks prior to performance date. To reserve time contact Production@StepsNYC.com
- Artists/Creators or a performer in the piece are required to take part in a short Q&A immediately following the performance.
- Artists/Creator will be responsible for their own set up and break down of any props. Please keep props to a minimum.
Please email all questions to Production@StepsNYC.com with PERFORMANCE LAB SERIES in the subject line.