Week 1: July 6 – July 10 | Week 2: July 13 – July 17 | Week 3: July 20 – July 24
Week 4: July 27 – July 31 | Week 5: August 3 – August 7 | Week 6: August 10 – August 14
Program runs Monday – Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm. Students may attend individual weeks or any combination of weeks. For example, students may opt for weeks 1,2 and 5.
Students are selected through an in-person or online video audition (see audition information below for details).
The Summer Intensive offers comprehensive training from Steps on Broadway’s core faculty members with rotating guest teachers. Students of Steps Youth Programs Summer Intensive have the unique and rare opportunity to study at the true epicenter of New York’s professional dance community; the home to many of the best and most world-renowned dancers and teachers. Whether a student participates for just one week or for several weeks, they will gain remarkable growth and sophistication in their dancing and artistry. Our faculty members are deeply invested in each dancer’s development, and each class brings students closer to their artistic and technical goals.
The Summer Intensive offers:
- Diversified daily instruction with classes from 9am-6pm
- Morning technique classes in ballet, contemporary, modern
- Afternoon classes in diverse styles including theater dance, hip hop, jazz, and tap (see sample schedule below)
- Classes with Guest choreographers and instructors
- Daily rehearsal for final studio showing
- Career-related seminars
- Option to choose any combination of weeks
And helps students:
- Strengthen technique
- Build core strength
- Increase flexibility & endurance
- Cultivate personal artistry
- Build self-confidence