Week 1: July 6 – July 10 | Week 2: July 13 – July 17 | Week 3: July 20 – July 24
Program runs Monday – Friday, 10:00am-3:30pm. Students may attend individual weeks or any combination of weeks.
Students are selected through an in-person or online video audition (see audition information below for details).
This new program offers three weeks of intensive training geared toward the young developing dancer. Students of Steps Youth Programs Summer Workshop have the unique and rare opportunity to study at the true epicenter of New York’s professional dance community; the home to many of the best and most world-renowned dancers and teachers. Whether a student participates for just one week or for all three, they will gain remarkable growth and sophistication in their dancing and artistry. Our faculty members are deeply invested in each dancer’s development, and each class brings students closer to their artistic and technical goals. All weeks conclude with studio showings.
The Summer Workshop offers:
- Diversified daily instruction with classes from 10am-3:30pm
- Morning technique classes in ballet, contemporary, modern
- Afternoon classes in diverse styles including theater dance, hip hop, jazz, and tap (see sample schedule below)
- Classes with guest choreographers and instructors
- Daily rehearsal
- Option to choose any combination of weeks